Friday, October 26, 2012

Here Comes Sandy!


Hurricane Sandy is off the coast a ways. It has been windy and rainy but I don't think there will be any need for concern at this point. I would be concerned for the north east coast though. It is projecting to hit them a bit harder and longer.

Anyway, I just wanted to give an update.

Church
We are headed up to Oasis Tampa this weekend. We are getting in Friday night and will leave Sunday night. Lucas is flying down to Tampa to spend times with us and all the Florida pastors. I will be doing the music this Sunday again. I made a track for the Hillsong United song called "Love Enough". I like it.
Anyway, it will be really good to see Lucas. Brit and I miss home quite a bit and this will tide us over for the next month.

Football
My fantasy teams have both been bad. And my real life team has been bad. It is a bad year for me.
*Sigh*
The optimist in me comes out though. The Chiefs could finish the season at 11-5 if they get it together. That would most certainly be good enough for a playoff birth. Very unlikely that it will happen but I wooonnnnnnttt stop beeliiieeeevvvinng!

Knitting
Brittany has been knitting like a mad man. Her hands seem robotic at times. It makes me feel like I should learn how to knit and join her.

Thought for tonight
Holiness and righteousness are two different things. They are not the same. You cannot interchange them. Righteousness means right standing (a simple definition) and is talking about actions (we now have a righteousness that comes through faith). Holiness has to mean something else or the Bible is just redundant. “Holiness means wholeness. To say that “God is holy” is to refer to the wholeness, fullness, beauty, and abundant life that overflows within the Godhead. God lacks nothing. He is unbroken, undamaged, unfallen, completely complete and entire within Himself. He is the indivisible One, wholly self-sufficient, and the picture of perfection. Holiness is not one aspect of God’s character; it is the whole package in glorious unity.” (Paul Ellis - The Gospel in Ten Words)
When God says that you are holy or to be (to be is different than to "do") holy, we need to think a different way. God has made us righteous and holy but let's understand the difference between the two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment