Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Brit again!

Hello!
It's been a few days since our last update, so I decided I should contribute something...
---
Today, we're headed to Miami Beach-ish area for the concert Justin mentioned previously. I'm really excited, because I can't really tell you the last time I went to a proper show. I'm afraid it might have been on Copeland's farewell tour. Great show.
---
I've never been the most avid chef, but I do miss cooking quite a bit. There is only so much you can make with a skillet and a George Foreman grill. I'm going to buy a saucepan soon, so I can make some pasta. Pasta was one of my main food groups at home. Quick, easy, and you can make it as simple or fancy as you like. I would love a bowl of my homemade mac and cheese right now. But alas, no pots to cook it in. Side note: I will also need a colander.
---
I start my job tomorrow! I was thinking about it... And exactly one month after my last day at Horizon, I secured another job. How crazy is that. Anyway. I'm really excited to have some "purpose"... I mean, we've been able to do a lot of research and brain storming since we've been here, but to actually have a defined reason to get out and go somewhere will be great. I just have to be careful not to buy everything. That will be the difficult part.
---
This morning, I watched the North American Grace Conference live stream. Last year, I was there from 7am-10pm every day. This year, I'll have to be content watching the services online. Even though it makes me a bit homesick, I enjoy seeing our home church, and listening to familiar pastors speak, though my work schedule tomorrow means I have to miss some favorites like Paul Donnan and Scott Hayes, but I know they'll be amazing, and that Justin will probably end up editing a lot of the service recording anyway, so I'll be able to hear them eventual. If you're interested in watching the services, go to live.oasisgranger.com and they'll be airing from 9a-4p everyday, I believe... This is also where Oasis Granger streams their Sunday morning services at 11EST! Yeh, you should check them out.
---
So, I am using my hot roll curlers for the first time since w've been in Miami. At home, I heat them up, put them in, and wear them till they cool (a cooled, room-temperature hair shaft/cuticle secures the curl longer than a heated hair shaft/cuticle! The main reason I prefer hot rollers to a curling iron for the most part), and take them out... Well... they aren't getting cool. Ha! I think I might sit in front of our air-con unit and "ice" them a bit before I take them out... I'm curious to find out how well these work for me here... Most of my friends from home that I hot roll my hair at least once a week. So far, I haven't had a reason to here... But with the show and work coming up on the schedule, I thought it'd be fun to try for today.
---
We've been here for almost an entire month. This is insane for me to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment