Saturday, September 8, 2012

From the desk of B...

Friends!

Justin is the only one to have written here so far, but I was the one who said we needed a blog, so here I am!

We've been gone for a week now, which is kind of crazy to say. A week ago, we were packed SNUGGLY in our little Mazda hatchback, hurdling south! Now, we're mostly settled into our little studio, though we still make daily trips to Target as we discover yet ANOTHER thing we neither packed nor bought on the LAST trip to Target... I think the cashiers there are getting as familiar to us as the baristas at our local Starbucks. Justin and I have made a little game of our trips to Target. A bit of The Price Is Right!, if you will; We both estimate the final cost of our cart-full of odd-and-ends and whoever guess closest without going over wins! Our current score is 2-1 with Justin in the lead... I think I just got too confident... Or, he started paying attention to price tags...

This afternoon, we'll have our first official meeting with Joyner and Ruth! We've hung out with them a couple times since we've been here (including a pretty passive game of  Monopoly, but that will be different next time), but this will be our first time to really see what they need from us and what we, as Oasnet "ambassadors", are looking to set-up, implement, or establish to help them administratively/executively be as effective as possible. I've spent most of my time here either being homesick or throwing myself into lists and ideas and all sorts of Oasis Miami propaganda, so it will be good to have some direction from them, as well as solidify our positions down here.

In other news, I am no longer allowed to go into office goods stores. All I needed was flyer paper, but I spent at least 15 minutes in there after finding it, looking at pens and post-its and planners. It was amazing. I walked out, having only bought the paper I needed, after complimenting the check-out girl's choice of nail color. One of my favorites: Tart Deco by Essie.

Speaking of beauty, my hair is HUGE here! It's literally soaking up all the humidity and storing it in the curls. I'm getting these baby curls that just hide under my bangs and man-catchers. They're really cute. I tried straightening my hair on... Tuesday? Yeh. Not gonna happen. It just got... Big. But thats ok. I've been rocking the curly, frizzy, messiness and braiding it when I can't handle it. 

--
I have no spiritual insight, like Justin does, but that's ok. It will be his thing. I will just talk about hair and make-up instead.
--

Thank you allllll for your support and love and emails and texts and phone calls and everything. We appreciate it so much. It has been really hard being away from home, but knowing that you all are for us, cheering us on is really amazing.

Love!

-B.


No comments:

Post a Comment