Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday

Hola, 

I spent some time at a local cafe. I think the owner was expecting me to know Spanish. I don't. I enjoyed the coffee very much. I will go back. 

Brit is printing some flyers that we made up to hang at some local places. I really like them. They are simple but striking. We have about five different ones that look the same but have some different phrases. We think we know so much about advertising. Brit watches Mad Men and I took a class on it a couple years ago. That's all you need right?

Anyway, one of my favorite bands, Paper Route, came out with a new album yesterday. It's awesome. The only way I can describe it is "cool music." There is a little bit of rock, electronic, pop, 80's, and prettiness in it. It's just a good combination. You should check it out. 

----
Thought for the day

The Bible says that Jesus has the name that is above all names. But what is that name? I traditionally thought that it was "Jesus" or the Hebrew name that we derive Jesus from. Or perhaps a variation of one of God's names given in the Old Testament. That would make sense, right? Well, I have a different perspective on it now.

So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs. For to which of the angels did God ever say,“You are my Son, today I have become your Father”Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son” (Hebrews 1:4-5)

The title He inherited was "Beloved Son". What is more precious and honorable than that? Think about it. With your parents, what is more intimate, calling your  father "Dad" or calling him by his first name? Or which is more important to you, having a name that they gave you or knowing that you are their favorite child?

Having the title of "Son" raises your value far above anything else. And that is why the scripture makes the point of spelling out the fact that God recognizes Jesus as His very own Son. But with that in mind, chew on this for a second:

Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”  So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir. (Galatians 4:6-7)

Yea. 

---
-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment